South by Southwest (SXSW) is a 10-day conference dedicated to breakthrough media like innovative technology and emerging talent in film. But let’s be real here — we all know SXSW as a sonic wonderland. With almost 2,000 bands set to perform this year, we’re here to give you a leg up on this musical marathon.
If you plan to make a pilgrimage to Austin, then get VIP entry and enjoy some free tacos and drinks on us at the hottest music events at SXSW by jumping on The Rdio List — no badge or wristband required.
We teamed up with BrooklynVegan, Hype Machine, Stereogum, SPIN and VICE to give you priority access via a separate Rdio line into their SXSW parties from March 12-16. These exclusive shindigs feature performances by Snoop Lion, Japandroids, Youth Lagoon, and Kendrick Lamar.
HOW TO GET ON THE RDIO LIST
The Rdio List goes live on March 12 but we’re giving you the down low now. Use the web app on your mobile devices to:
2) Reserve — Reservations are available one hour before a party’s start time on a first-come, first-served basis. You may reserve one pass per window of time. Once you’ve successfully reserved a pass, you’ll be given a unique pass phrase that you will show The Rdio List doorman upon arrival.
3) Check-in — Each pass will be valid 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the reserved time so make sure you’re there during that window. Check in at the designated Rdio List entrance.
4) Check-out — Always remember to check-out! That way, you can score a new reservation to another party.
PERKS OF THE RDIO LIST
VIP lines, awesome music, and free tacos not convincing enough? What if those tacos come with a side of Action Bronson? The Rdio List also gives you a chance to win any of these VICE party perks, with more being announced on next week:
- Thumb wrestle with SKATERS
- Eat BBQ with Team Spirit
- Staring contest with The Joy Formidable
- Eat a taco with Action Bronson
- Dance on stage with Parquet Courts
- High-five Black Lips
- Photo with Ghostface
- Special Flatbush Zombie waffles with Flatbush Zombies