It’s been two years since Kentucky indie-rock duo Phantom Family Halo released their last full-length studio album, Monoliths & These Flowers Never Die, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t been busy. The band is currently on tour with Bonnie “Prince” Billy, with whom they’ve also been working on new music. Recently they released a split ten-inch record with the indie-folk idol, titled Mindeater. Listen to the new EP and the band’s “Songs That Make Me Feel Right” playlist, hand-picked by the Phantom Family Halo’s Dominic Cipolla, and don’t forget to check out our Five Questions with the band below.
Five Questions with Phantom Family Halo
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Dominic Cipolla: Experimental guitarist Lowe Sutherland from Louisville, KY.
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
DC: Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure.
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
DC: The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.