Created in Los Angeles, Army Navy began in a bedroom. Although their self-titled debut album initially arrived without much hoopla, its popularity spread through fans dedicated to their habit-forming songs. Their second album, The Last Place, is only a few weeks old and is already in many a Heavy Rotation.
What makes Army Navy tick? What did these fellows grow up listening to? What music inspires them? Find the answers below in Five Questions with Army Navy, and listen to the musical version of their answers in the Army Navy-built playlist.
Five Questions with Army Navy
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Army Navy: I don’t think Teenage Fanclub can ever get enough respect… those albums are pop gems
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
AN: Right this second I was putting on Miles Davis Live At Fillmore East
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
AN: Weird Al, The Smiths, T-Rex, ABBA, R.E.M.
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
ABRV: Singing Along.
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.
AN: Girls and trying to write a better song than the last song I wrote