Capturing the simple joy of rock ‘n roll, The Postelles’ sound is at once familiar yet refreshingly new. There are no Golden Oldies here, just the debut of a young Manhattan band. Listen to their self-titled album while you learn more about The Postelles in Five Questions with the Band, queue up a playlist ofSongs That Inspire them, and go see them live at NXNE this week in Toronto.
Five Questions with The Postelles
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
The Postelles: Don Covay and the Goodtimers
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
TP: Bringing It All Back Home by Bob Dylan
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
TP: The White Album by The Beatles
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
TP: Taking the walk of shame from a girl or guy’s house
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.
TP: Taking the walk of shame
The Postelles @ NXNE
The Postelles have already played alongside bands like The Kills, Vampire Weekend, Kings of Leon and Interpol, so if you’re in Toronto, now is your chance to see them live. The Postelles are performing as part of this week’s NXNE music, film and interactive festival—they’ll be at The Garrison on Wednesday, June 15.