From Peter Silberman’s unknown solo project to performing sold-out chamber rock trio shows to eager fans, The Antlers’ trajectory into the spotlight is the stuff of indie music fairytales. Their debut album Hospice captured the attention of music lovers and critics alike, with its heartbreaking storyline and mesmerizing sound. After a worldwide tour with the The National, the band got back in the studio—listen to their second release, Burst Apart, and read what the Brooklyn-based trio told us when we got to ask them a few questions.
Five Questions with The Antlers
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
The Antlers: Leadbelly
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
TA: “American Beauty” by Grateful Dead
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
TA: Nirvana, Eric Clapton
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.