This particular band of cheeky Scottish rockers also happens to have an alter ego—Found is half rock ‘n roll and half experimental arts collective. Like a brain, it’s clear that each side influences the other. This is evidenced by their musical side project, Cybraphon the Autonomous Emotional Robot Band, and their second full-length album, factorycraft. It features clever lyrics and swelling melodies, occasionally embracing sparse electronic elements.
If you like Frightened Rabbit, The Twilight Sad, The Beta Band or even The National, try something new—queue it up, read bass (and synth) player Tommy’s Five Questions with Found, and check out their playlist, “A rainy Monday morning in Edinburgh in Tommy’s kitchen with Kev and Tea.”
Five Questions with Found
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Found bassist and synth player, Tommy: King Creosote
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
T: JVC Force - Doin Damage
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
T: Frank Zappa, Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Iron Maiden (Paul Dianno era)
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
T: Responsibly drunk
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.