Longtime and new fans of UK legends Duran Duran were delighted with their first new album in four years, All You Need is Now. The Mark Ronson-produced gem is full of the same familiar vocals yet-reinvigorated-sound that they’ve honed since the band started 30-plus years ago.
We were floored when these fine blokes gave us their answers for Five Questions with the Band, and even built a driving-themed playlist just for you all. If you’re in California and itching to see them live, be sure to keep reading for more information.
Five Questions with Duran Duran
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Nick Rhodes of Duran Duran: Florian Schneider and Ralf Hütter [from Kraftwerk]
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
NR: The Lobby by Jane Sibery
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
NR: David Bowie - particularly The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.
NR: Contemporary culture and emotional impact
Ever wonder what the Duran Duran drive-time sounds like? Check out this playlist by Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon called Retro Driving.
Duran Duran Around California
Not going down south? San Franciscans can catch Duran Duran at theBerkeley Rasputin tomorrow for a record signing during Record Store Day. If you’re one of the many lucky people who bought tickets for the sold-out show,Duran Duran is playing the Fillmore Saturday night.