Today is a big day for Kip, Kurt, Alex and Peggy. This collection of people, best known as The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, have a new album out today. It’s their second one, a follow-up to their popular self-titled breakout debut. Queue up Belong today and hear how they’ve grown their enormous and mellow sound in the last two years. Read on for our Five Questions with the Band, featuring Kip.
Five Questions with The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Kip Berman of The Pains of Being Pure At Heart: My Favorite
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
KB: Felt “Jackson Pictorial Review”
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
KB: Weston “A Real Life Story of Teenage Rebellion.”
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
KB: Not falling asleep
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.