Five Questions with The Dears
- Who do you think is an important musician that most people have never heard of before?
Rob Benvie from The Dears: Though many know his name, few people today recognize the amazingness ofJoe Meek, who was basically the most significant innovator in pioneering experimental/home recording and production. Seek out I Hear a New World, from 1959.
- If you had access to any record in the world, what would you listen to right now?
RB: My dream album would be Lee “Scratch” Perry producing NWA in 1989.
- Which album or artist do you most associate with your childhood?
RB: The Sex Pistols’ Never Mind the Bollocks. If I ever have a child, that will be their gift on their twelfth birthday.
- We hope people are ______________ when they listen to our music.
RB: Looting Pottery Barn
- We were thinking about ______________ when we wrote music for the new album.
RB: Devouring the universe
Thanks to The Dears for playing. If you haven’t already, be sure to listen to their new album, Degeneration Street and stay tuned for more Five Questions with the Band.