NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. TO ENTER: You may enter the Rdio – the Black Lips in Chicago Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) by leaving a comment on Twitter that contains the hashtag #BlackLipsRemix and a link to the Black Lips track “New Direction (Mark Ronson Dub Remix)” on Rdio, found at the URL:http://www.rdio.com/#/artist/Black_Lips/album/New_Direction_(Mark_Ronson_Dub_Remix)/or http://rd.io/x/QV79iyJSiVA. Only one comment per Twitter account will be accepted. Entrants should not create multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes. Comment entries that contain defamatory, obscene, lewd, or inappropriate text, language, images, or other material will be disqualified (as determined by Rdio in Rdio’s sole discretion). No registration or paid subscription is required to enter. All entries must be received within the applicable periods described below in Section 2. All entries become the property of Rdio. Entries are limited to one entry per person over the Promotion Period. Any attempt to exceed this limit may result in disqualification.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PST on July 27, 2011 and ends at 2:00 PM PST on July, 29, 2011 (the “Promotion Period”). One drawing from the successful entries received during the Promotion Period will occur on July 29, 2011 after 2:00 PM PST. A computer owned by Rdio, Inc. (“Rdio”) will be the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, other than Rhode Island who are over the age of eighteen (18), but is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Rdio, its advertising and promotion agencies, and all parties responsible for the development and administration of this Sweepstakes, and the immediate families (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the households, of the above, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate. Entrants utilizing multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified and may have their accounts subject to suspension by Twitter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws and regulations. By accepting the prize, prize recipients agree to release Rdio, its directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
5. PRIZE: The following one (1) prize 1 prize will be awarded: 2 tickets to the Black Lips show at the Empty Bottle in Chicago, IL on August 5, 2011. Prizes are limited to one (1) prize per person and accordingly, multiple entries will not give you the opportunity to receive more than one (1) prize. Each winner will be required to provide specified personal information to facilitate the receipt and use of the prize, including your name and email address. The prize does not include airfare, hotel accommodations, or any other travel accommodations or benefits (including, without limitation, cash). The winner will be solely responsible for their own travel accommodations and expenses (including, without limitation, airfare, hotel, and food). Failure to comply with these terms will result in forfeiture of the prize. Approximate retail value of the prize is $30 USD. The winner will not be entitled to the difference, if any, between the stated approximate and actual retail value of the prize. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prizes are permitted except at the sole discretion of Rdio. Rdio reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value at any time in its sole discretion if the prize described above is no longer available. Each winner is responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes on the prize, and for any and all other expenses that may be associated with receiving the prize.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the SWEEPSTAKES, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless RDIO, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from the SWEEPSTAKES or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize that may be awarded. Entrants agree that the laws of the state of DELAWARE will govern any and all DISPUTES. ANY LEGAL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DELAWARE. Releasees are not responsible for computer, printing, typographical, human, or other errors, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the SWEEPSTAKES, the announcement of the prize, the processing of entries or in any SWEEPSTAKES related materials; or for illegible entries or entries that fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error. If in RDIO'S opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the SWEEPSTAKES, or if computer virusES, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures or compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the SWEEPSTAKES, or if the sweepstakes cannot be conducted as described herein for any reason, RDIO reserveS the right at ITS sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the SWEEPSTAKES, or to terminate the SWEEPSTAKES with or without notice. As a condition of entering the SWEEPSTAKES, participant agrees that: a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this SWEEPSTAKES, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.)any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys fees. RDIO reserves the right to modify prize award procedures. limitations on damages and restrictions on class actions are not permitted in all jurisdictions and so the above limitations may not apply to you.
7. WINNER CONFIRMATION: An entrant may request the name of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope to: Rdio, Inc., Rdio – The Black Lips in Chicago Sweepstakes – Confirmation Request, 62 First Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be postmarked within three (3) days after the end of the Promotion Period and received within ten (10) business days after the end of the Promotion Period.
8. SPONSOR: Rdio, Inc., 62 First Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94105. (Rdio advertisers do not endorse or sponsor, and are not otherwise affiliated with, the Sweepstakes.)