The days of needing an invite to join Rdio are finally over — starting right now, everyone can sign up and enjoy everything we offer. Simply head over to rdio.com and click one of the big ‘Try Rdio for Free’ buttons, and you’re off.
To make it extra-exciting for both new folks and existing subscribers, that’s not all we can announce today. We’ve got more of what you want: music. Yep, we inked new partnerships, and we’re proud to say that we’re busy adding music from IODA, a leading indie aggregator. IODA distributes music from such luminaries as London Symphony Orchestra, Arts & Crafts and Ghostly International. This is in addition to all the great indie content we already have from IRIS, Finetunes, INgrooves and The Orchard.
But wait, that’s not all! Our friends up north can now join the party, too — yes Canada, that’s you. Sorry it took a little while, but please come on in. Just visit rdio.com, sign up and try it out.
And of course, to play all that great music, we have a set of seriously awesome apps for iPhone (and iPod touch), Android devices and BlackBerry smartphones. They all play music in the background, so you can rock out when you’re writing emails or browsing the Internet. And they all let you sync music so you can play it even when you’re offline.
There are plenty of reasons to try Rdio:
- Select any and all of our seven million songs and play them, on-demand, as much as you want.
- Sync as many songs as you can fit on your phone, and play them even when you’re offline (and of course, play everything when you’re online).
- Follow friends to find new music, rather than staring at an empty search box
- Find friends from Twitter, Facebook and email
- Discover music in industry insiders’ Collections and Playlists, such as Spin Magazine, Pitchfork, KCRW Radio, The FADER and XLR8R Magazine
Dive in and you’ll end up spending all day discovering new (and re-discovering old) favorites. It’s people-powered music.
Rdio is available as a free trial, and subscriptions start at $4.99/month for Rdio Web (web-only access), and $9.99/month for Rdio Unlimited which includes mobile access and sync. Try it today.