Welcome to new Rdio. We built it for you — it’s faster, simpler, and more social.
New Rdio is a visually beautiful and dynamic way to play Rdio’s massive catalogue of 15 million songs. New features include the oft requested drag and drop playlist creation, a more personalized Heavy Rotation, and private playlists.
The completely redesigned new Rdio is available on Rdio.com and the Rdio desktop apps to all Web and Unlimited subscribers. Switch on new Rdio from the drop down menu under your name and “Try New Rdio.”
What you’ll find in new Rdio
- A new look and feel — More than just a boring spreadsheet of songs, new Rdio puts music and people front and center.
- All in one place — Spend less time navigating. Music, playlists and your network are in one view.
- Add entire albums to playlists — One of Rdio’s most-requested features is now a reality.
- Browse even faster — Find music at lightning speed because pages remember your place. Browse a continuous stream of albums, explore one and easily return to the place you left off.
- Listen with your network — From the People Sidebar, see what your network is listening to in real-time and listen along with one-click.
- Let your network inspire your listening — Wondering if you’ll like an album in the charts or why it appeared in your Heavy Rotation? Under every album, hover over photos to see exactly who listened to it.
- Sharing made simple — Drag and drop music into playlists or collection and share with others on Rdio without missing a beat. Music can also be shared on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
- Create private playlists – In addition to public and collaborative playlists, now private playlists can be created and shared with just a select few.
- Easily discover people to follow — Check out Rdio’s latest music influencers in the People Sidebar and find others to follow such as artists, critics, record labels and brands.
New Rdio will be available in the near future to everyone else with an account. If your curiosity is too much to bear, upgrade to a Web or Unlimited subscription and see how you like people-powered music discovery.
Update: Watch the #NewRdio presentation from Livestream.