In September, we introduced a big update for Rdio listeners on iOS, Android and the web, including a greatly enhanced free radio experience and a host of new music discovery and organisation features. Today, we’re bringing all of those improvements to Windows Phone users around the world. New features include:
- Ad-supported radio stations: Endless stations including stations by artists, tastemakers, genres, moods or activities, plus personalized stations tuned to each individual listener.
- Home: An evolving mix of music stories, personalized for you.
- Favourites: Find something you love? Favourite anything from albums to artists, songs to stations, and keep them all in one place. All songs and albums from your existing Collection and playlists you’ve subscribed to now live here.
- Browse: Stations can now be found here, from genre stations to all-new curated stations for any mood.
- Trending: What’s most popular right now, combining Heavy Rotation and Top Charts.
“Rdio’s Windows Phone app relaunch reiterates our mission to give all music lovers the ability to listen to the music they choose anytime, anywhere, on any device,” said Chris Becherer, Senior Vice President, Product, Rdio. “We're thrilled to bring Rdio’s impressive music catalog and powerful new music discovery features to Windows Phone users around the world.”
The new app also includes support for Cortana and Live Tiles. Windows 8.1 users can download the app beginning today from the Windows Phone app store.