With so much great new music coming out each and every week, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the all the variety. And sometimes what you need is just a simple, well-curated playlist.
Playlists are the perfect way to find, organize and share music on Rdio — whether you’re creating or listening, there’s always something new to discover.
How do I create a playlist? Hover over the Action menu next to a song and select Add to Playlist. A pop-up will appear — select an existing playlist, or choose Create Playlist to make a new one. Give your playlist a name and description, then click Create. Allow other people to join the fun by making your playlists Collaborative. If you're using the new Rdio, you can also drag and drop albums to playlists.
Get creative! Share ideas, play musical games, and take advantage of other Rdio-ers’ vast musical knowledge. Use Playlists to:
- Collect your favorite R&B tracks of the 90s.
- Gear up for an upcoming event or festival.
- Tell a story — like HTRK’s “Last Call For The Ghost Train” playlist.
- Stick to a theme — like “The Gayest Songs of All Time”.
- Look for an element that ties the music together — like acoustic songs.
- Or tell someone how you feel with a love-themed playlist.
To cruise the best of the best, check out Rdio’s Playlist Charts, featuring our Top Playlists of all time.
Have you already mastered the art of the incredible playlist? Tell people about it—embed it on your blog or Tweet about it. We are always on the lookout for the next great playlist!